Mommy Cried, Too

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Reagan had his well check today. Here are his stats:

weight: 33.4 pounds (up exactly 4 pounds from last year) 25th percentile
height: 39 inches (up 2 1/2 inches from last year) 25th percentile
BMI (?!?!) is 15.4

He had FIVE!!!!! immunizations, including one for the flu. As Megan's husband, Tim, says "Five is the same as one" when it comes to shots.

And he didn't like it one bit. I so hate vaccinations. What mother doesn't? I was face to face with him, and we were talking about what toy he was going to pick out at Kaleidoscope Toys when "Ow!! Mwahhhhhhhhhh!!!!" happened. That sneaky nurse! He said, "I want Mommy", but I was right there holding him. It broke my heart, and I teared up, too. I tried to keep it in, but I just couldn't stand it.

He's still walking stiffed legged saying his shots hurt. I'm about to dose him up with Motrin.

The positive part of the day was that I got to take 1/2 a day off and pick him up from his Mother's Day Out. I haven't even met his teacher, so this was a nice treat for me. And I loved seeing all of the moms that I have missed seeing this year. It was nice.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great stats. BMI - Body Mass Index. Sounds like you both had an awesome day - with just a little excitement (shots). Hope he is feeling not so sore today!

anne watson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anne watson said...

Great Stats! Poor Reagan :( Shots suck!

And it's official...My Madeline is a giant. She's 2 years younger than Reagan and is 38 inches 30 pounds....Claire only has her by 3 inches...