The Consistency of Oatmeal

Friday, January 11, 2008

Although I am nowhere near as intelligent as my husband (computer nerd~~but a cute one) nor my sister (super business woman), I consider myself a pretty smart person. I'm not a brainiac or anything, but I'm no dummy, either.

That seems to be changing. I think I can hear my brain swishing all around in my head. It is turning to mush. The reason?? Cars. The movie. Disney and Pixar are rotting my brain.

As I stated here, we watch the movie quite a bit. And as I also said there, we do limit the amount of time the tv is on. So when Reagan is around and finally gets to watch some tv, it is Cars.

It is a very cute movie. It has a good message. It is funny. It has something for everyone, young and old, to enjoy. But those statements only apply to the first 27 times you've watched it.

Because I have seen it so many times, I have had to come up with ways to keep my brain stimulated so it doesn't start dripping out of my ears. So thank goodness for IMDb and Wikipedia. Through these two sites I have learned tons of useless information. For example:

  • The Wilhelm Scream was used in at least 123 movies, including most Disney Pixar films (and all of the Star Wars movies). I also learned what the Wilhelm Scream is.
  • I have learned many things about Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt, and Darrell Waltrip~~all race car drivers.
  • I have watched one of Richard Petty's three bad car crashes on You Tube and compared it with the crash that The King has in Cars. Yes, they are the same.
  • Emeryville is where Pixar is located, and is referenced in the movie.
  • I have researched Hidden Mickey's and found them in the movie.
  • A113 means something to Pixar and is in every single one of their films.
  • Pixar references past and future movies in their films.

And really, the list can go on and on.

David and I also stumbled across a documentary on tv about Dale Earnhardt that was very interesting. And I wouldn't have cared anything about it before doing my online research. That documentary led to more internet searching about Dale and his son.

The sad thing is that now I want to search IMDb for every single movie we watch. I love the "trivia" section that is listed for all the films.

And now I'm also listening for the Wilhelm Scream.

2 comments:

emily said...

WOW, consider me enlightened about Cars.

Call me if you want to talk Cinderella :)

Mommy said...

At least you have found someway to keep your mind intact! Its amazing what I just learned from your blog!